Schizophrenia - Symptoms and causes
People fear schizophrenia in a generalised sense. There is a usual mentality that when one has schizophrenia, bringing back psychological health is impossible. That would be possible, if early signs are not perceived and treated. Here, you will get to know what really schizophrenia is and how it converts a person’s personality in a whole new level.
According to studies made, schizophrenia is kind of brain disease that is chronic and severe. It is a destruction to main illness because of misconception, it is not given enough attention to be treated, making it worsen as time pass. There is a possibility that out of the entire population, there will be at least one percent that will be affected. Every year, there are about two million Americans that experience from schizophrenia.
Who are affected?
Patterns of age and gender are usually affected. Men and women can get the disease in an equivalently related frequency. Schizophrenia is often experienced by men during their early stage which is habitually upon their later teenage years and earlier twenties. While in women, schizophrenia is seen when they have reached their early twenties or during their early thirties. Children who are aged five and above can also progress the debilitating disease but has little occurrence during adolescent years.
Facts about cure
While there is no particular cure for the case, there are high hopes that schizophrenia can be cured. Research has stated that medications can ease some of the prominent symptoms and it has also paved the way to unravel the different complicated causes of the disease. Science are using unusual kinds of methods and alternatives that may be derived from molecular genetics going to population study in order to learn more about schizophrenia. Newer intuitions have been held in order to image an affected person is brain structure and further gain knowledge about the disorder.
Signs and Symptoms
* Confusing and shocking behaviour that is apparent in the change of behaviour of the person.
* Sudden occurrence of psychotic symptoms which are severe and can be described as the acute phase of the disease.
* Psychosis which can be referred to as the impairment of the brain is normal status and is marked by certain delusions and hallucinations.
* Extraction from the public and quarantine of oneself.
* Comportment, thinking procedure and speech pattern are unusual.
Those who have schizophrenia may or may not have several signs and symptoms. Some may noticeable three to four while others are still imprecise.
Chronic schizophrenia which can also be connected with a recurring or endless pattern of the illness has the slightest chance of recuperating from the person is normal body implementation and somehow requires a longer need for treatment that may include inclusion of different drugs in order to control the disease is symptoms.
How do schizophrenics view the world?
- Perceptions of reality that are distorted by delusions and hallucinations. They can also feel unusual fear, confusion and anxiousness.
- Delusions and hallucinations are signified to as the disorders of a person is awareness which are common in people who suffer from the illness. The influences that one hears are oftentimes the person’s view of threatening hazards or their way of carrying on conversation.
Disagreeing to what people distinguish, schizophrenia is not a type of split personality and are not ferocious. They are those who are referred to people who have a world of their own. Mental health can be attained through early recognition of the signs and symptoms that are shown by the diseased person.