Muscular dystrophy is a set of illnesses that progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. In muscular dystrophy, unusual genes (mutations) inhibit the production of proteins needed to form healthy muscle. There are numerous sorts of muscular dystrophy. Side effects of the most well-known variety begin in childhood, mostly in boys. Other types don’t surface until adulthood.
There’s no remedy for Muscular dystrophy. But medications and therapy can benefit from managing symptoms and slow the course of the disease.
The main sign of Muscular dystrophy is progressive muscle weakness. Explicit signs and symptoms start at various ages and in various muscle groups, depending on the type of muscular dystrophy.
This is the most usual form. While teenagers can be carriers and slightly affected, it’s much more mutual in boys.
Muscular dystrophy- Signs and symptoms, which usually show in early childhood, might include:
- Frequent falls
- Struggle to rise from a lying or sitting position
- Trouble running and jumping
- Waddling gait
- Walking on the toes
- Large calf muscles
- Muscle pain and stiffness
- Learning disabilities
- Delayed growth
What are 3 types of muscular dystrophy?Types of Muscular Dystrophy
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. …
- Becker Muscular Dystrophy. …
- Congenital Muscular Dystrophy. …
- Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy. …
- Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy. …
- Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy. …
- Emery–Dreifuss Muscular Dystrophy. …
- Distal Muscular Dystrophy.